Multiplex environmental, societal and economic challenges are oppressing contemporary global communities while constituting uncertainty about the times coming. Environmental risks, resource exhaustion, economic instability, escalated urbanization and similar major threats indicate the strained future that needs to be addressed as a top priority. The communities, governments and organizations encounter various confrontations while attempting to create sustainable communities where environments are protected, economy can prosper and socio-cultural relationships remain equitable. Hence, Developing Sustainable Communities and Boosting Citizen Engagement has become an anchor of governmental policy as this is an only open and conscious way to address the impact that communities have on the surrounding environment throughout their lifetimes.
This short-term intensive training course enables its attendees to examine, analyze and understand the importance of sustainable communities and effective ways to address them through related policies, procedures and inclusive governance. The program has the comprehensive coverage of key components and major focus areas of sustainable communities and citizen engagement.
The program is the best suite for:
- Municipal, Provincial and National Government Officials
- City/Country Staff
- Economic Development and Planning Staff
- Community Development Project Directors, Managers and Staff
- Community and Neighborhood Leaders
- Anyone interested in Developing Sustainable Communities and Citizen Engagement.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will:
- Acquire the quality understanding regarding the importance of citizen engagement in governance process
- Comprehend the Governance-well-run communities with effective and inclusive participation
- Master the ways of making public, private, community and voluntary services
- Grasp the tips and tools for recruiting citizens
- Become highly competent in productive conversations
- Be able to encourage citizens to be involved in local problem solving.
- Introduction to Sustainable Development
- Defining the sustainable communities
- What is the Sustainable Communities Plan?
- The Challenges in Sustainable Community Planning
- Measures of Sustainable Communities
- Areas for Action towards Sustainable Development
- Politics, decision-making and democracy
- Introduction to political theory
- Social and political problems
- Issues in contemporary sociology
- Criminal justice politics and social policy
- Planning, transport and mobility
- The environment, sustainability and politics
- Social theory and modernity
- Issues for Sustainable Development: Providing Decent Houses and Neighborhoods for All
- Issues for Sustainable Development: Protecting Countryside and environment while helping the communities
- Housing development
- Regeneration and local planning
- Crime, disorder and community safety
- Making identities: citizenship, race and nation
- Gender difference and equality: historical and contemporary
- Youth crime and delinquency
- Neighborhood management and renewal
- Planning specialist project
- Crime criminology and modernity
- Gender crime and justice
- Hierarchies of power: race, class and sexuality
- Being involved in public conversations as a citizen
- Defining the Citizen Engagement: Why does it matter?
- Citizen Engagement for Better Development Results
- Transparency, Accountability, Responsiveness and Inclusiveness
- The feedback Loop: Intrinsic and Instrumental Approaches
- Strategic and Tactical Approaches to Citizen Engagement
- The role of citizens in shaping public policy
- Innovations in Citizen Engagement
- Citizen Engagement in Practice
- Effective, Accountable and Inclusive Governance
- Inclusive Leadership in Governance.
This program is a short term extensive training course with highly practical focus. The presenter will apply modern adult learning techniques in order to maximize the effectiveness of the session delivery and achieve successful results. The methods deployed will include open presentation, group discussions, individual assignments, practical exercises and case studies. At the end of each session the trainer will request for feedback and consider comments received for the coming days in order to improve results and ensure the maximum understanding of material covered for delegates.
Program Dates: 09 – 13 December 2019
Registration Closes on: 31 October 2019
Venue: The Manor Hotel
Program Fee: $2350
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal