A number of countries face the problem related to Non-performing Loans and their levels. Non-performing loans can be a heavy burden for banks, reducing their ability to extend credit to the real economy. Any bank faces non-performing loan risk due to its main function as a financial intermediary. Various efforts have been made by banks to avoid the NPL. However, due to various reasons in business environment or debtor’s management ability, any bank continues to experience them. In result, NPLs affect the total economic growth, banks themselves, borrowers and taxpayers too.
This program will discuss the framework conditions needed for successful NPL resolution and the various on- and off-balance sheet approaches that are available to manage this problem.
- Professionals from Central Banks, Ministries of Finance and other Institutions who are involved in NPL Management.
- Bank Credit Officers and Investment Bankers
- Bond Credit Analysts and Fund Managers
- Treasurers and Compliance Officers.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to demonstrate the solid understanding of:
- Alternative approaches to NPLs management and recovery structures
- Different NPLs recovery strategies and techniques
- Accounting treatment of non-performing loans and loan loss provisioning.
- Defining Non-Performing Loans (NPL)
- Types of Non-Performing Loans
- Indicators of Non-Performing Loans
- Scale and Scope of NPL’s impact on the Economy
- Creating and Implementing the NPL Strategy
- Governance of Non-Performing Loans
- Banking Treatment of NPLs and non-performing investment projects
- Borrower Credit Rating and Provisioning
- NPL Operating Model and Control Framework
- Early Warning Signs for NPLs
- Legal Aspects of Non-performing loans
- Forbearance, its options, variability and process
- Affordability Assessments
- Debt Recovery Strategies and Options
- Links between NPL and Forbearance
- NPL Impairment and Probabilities of Default Consideration
- Measuring NPL Impairment
- NPL Write-Offs, Provisioning and procedures.
The program will be led through a mixture of structured lectures, delegate discussions and practical case studies. Attendees will improve their skills by direct learning, through group assignments and by sharing their own experiences as well as those of the expert trainer. The consultant will encourage active debate at all times to ensure that delegates are able to gain the maximum benefit from the course. The case studies will be tailored to match the mix of ability and experience of the delegates attending the course ensuring all of the examples have direct and actual relevance to the group’s individual working environments.
Program Dates: 20 – 24 January 2020
Registration Closes on: 30 November 2019
Venue: Skylark Hotel
Program Fee: $3750
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal