Supply chain management is an integral part of organizational processes. Effective supply chain management systems can increase customer satisfaction levels, Reduce Operating Costs and improve the entity’s financial position. Logistics, as an indispensable component of supply chain management, aligns the complex features of import-export operations, transportation, shipping, receiving, warehousing, inventory management and production planning. The immense evidence proves that the organizations with constructive Logistics and Supply Chain Management systems attain greater sustainability in contemporary raging global marketplace.
Throughout the course of this extensive training program, participants will be introduced to the fundamental aspects and features of vast global supply chain environment. The delegates will gain an all-inclusive understanding of the key drivers in supply chain and logistics management and acquire the necessary skills for building and maintaining corresponding network.
The program is suitable for:
- Junior, Senior and Mid-Level Supply Chain Managers and Executives
- Manufacturing Managers
- Marketing and Customer Service Managers
- Procurement Managers and Officers
- Purchasing Managers and Specialists
- Sourcing Professionals
- Anyone interested in Supply Chain and Logistics Management.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the complexities of Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Planning
- Assess the benefits of good Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Design an effective Supply Chain and Logistics Plan
- Establish constructive supplier relationships and administer effective distribution network
- Master the tools required to achieve significant savings on inventory cost while keeping high customer service
- Identify the Current trends in Supply Chain and Logistics Management.
Foundations of Supply Chain Management
- Overview of Supply Chain Management Concept and Principles
- Defining Supply Chains and Supply Chain Management
- Importance of Customer Orientation
- Supply Chain Development Trends.
Operations in Global Supply Chain
- Global Business Environment
- Strategic Challenges
- Current Trends in Global Supply Chain Management.
Designing and Planning Effective Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Configuration
- Extent of Vertical Integration
- Outsourcing and Offshoring
- Capacity Planning
- Bullwhip Effect.
Lean Supply Management
- Origins of the Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Supply Principles
- Drivers for Lean Supply Chain
- Lean Process Mapping Tools.
Agile Supply Management
- The Need for Agility
- Agile Supply Chain Concept and Framework
- Competing on Responsiveness.
Purchasing and Supplier Selection
- Strategic Role of Purchasing
- Purchasing Portfolio
- Supplier Selection
- Tools for Supplier Selection
- Knowledge-Based Sourcing.
Relationship and Integration
- Close Partnership & Strategic Alliance
- Relationship Dilemma
- Supply Chain Integration.
- Setting Logistics Strategy
- Logistics Issues and Priorities
- Inventory Management
- Logistics in the supply chain
- Legislation & Statutory Requirement
- Organizing Effective Logistics
- Managing Transport Effectively
- Designing the Best Distribution Network
- Security in Distribution
- Outsourcing and tender process.
The Future Challenges
- Creating Customer-Centric Supply Chain
- Managing Supply Networks
- Supply Chain Dynamics.
The methodology applied throughout the course of the program will encourage the maximum participation of all attendees. The sessions will be led using an interactive contemporary adult learning approach. The tools deployed will include open presentation, group discussions, video examples, individual assignments and case studies. On the last day of the session, practical exposure visit will be arranged in order to observe the factual appliance of theoretical base covered.
Program Dates: 11 – 15 May 2020
Registration Closes on: 31 March 2020
Venue: Midtown Hotel
Program Fee: $2950
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal