Successful Grants Management Covers all the administrative tasks in relation to handling the money, reporting, and program implementation in a way that meets generally accepted standards as well as the requirements of the funding source. Grants management practices should be applied effectively to both external and internal stakeholders and structured in a way that the grantees have the maximized chance of achieving success.
This 5-day interactive training workshop covers grants management & fundraising in depth, going through the entire process of grants management cycle from pre-award to close-out. The attendees will be able to improve their knowledge towards public accountability, efficiency & outcome for grant beneficiaries.
This program is a perfect suite for:
- Grant Management Officers and Coordinators
- Finance and Non-Finance Officers & Managers
- Administrative staff of grant-receiving/ granting organizations
- Project Heads, Officers, Managers, Coordinators and Assistants of Donor Funded Projects
- Anyone involved in the administration of grants or grant-funded programs.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Handle Grant Pre-Award Activities
- Ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions while providing supporting documents
- Oversee Post-Award Operation and Close-out Duties
- Manage multiple-funded programs;
- Prepare a donor financial report and match with a project narrative report;
- Understand the phases of the grant management cycle
- Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant;
- Manage the relationship with donors in a highly efficient manner.
- Introduction to Grants Management & Key related Terminology
- Grants Management and Project Development
- Grants, Contracts, Cooperative Agreements & Subcontracts
- In Kind, Standard & Mixed Grants
- Pre-Award Activities: Planning & Proposal Submission
- Drafting & Developing the Proposal
- Overview of Grant Award and Post Award Activities: Implementation, M&E, Amendments and Reporting
- Budgeting & Types of costs
- Grant Award Contract, Types & Contents
- Award Review
- Fundraising Tips
- Implementation & Compliance
- Internal Control in Grants Management
- Eligible and Ineligible Costs,
- Cost Share/ Matching costs & Procurement Procedures,
- Grant Tracking Tools & Cost Eligibility
- Program evaluation
- Amendment time, Costs & Activities
- Grant Reporting
- Financial Documentation, Reporting & Internal Control
- Audit, Narrative Reporting, Partnerships & Consortia Management
- Donor Compliance, Personnel & Staff Issues
- Contracts, Travel Time Sheets, Per Diem & Itinerary assigning
- Asset & Inventory Management
- Co-Financing & Multi-Donor Funding
- Indirect Costs & Contingencies.
The seminar will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures, case studies and interactive worked examples. Relevant case studies will be provided to illustrate the application of each tool in an operations environment. Each learning point will be reinforced with practical exercises. Difficult concepts will be minimized and handled in a visual way that is easy to understand with examples demonstrated.
Program Dates: 13 – 17 July 2020
Registration Closes on: 31 May 2020
Program Fee: $2950
Online Payment via PayPal