In today’s dynamic business environment, understanding the ins and outs of running a business is as crucial for running the business successfully as starting the business itself. Many firms are realizing that only the desire to have a successful organization is no longer sufficient in today’s extremely dynamic and demanding environment.
In the past, it was not very necessary for most employees to understand how their organizations operated. They were used to do what they were told to do and how to do it, with little regard for their improvement ideas, feelings about the workplace or comprehension of the organization as a whole. Today, with the rise of participatory management, employee empowerment and career planning, all employees, regardless of authority or responsibility, need to understand how organizations operate. This helps employees approach their jobs with more knowledge, dedication, motivation and interest, knowing that they contribute positively to the success of the organization.
Acknowledging this fact, Risalat Consultants International has designed a comprehensive five day workshop in Valetta, Malta in which, through the use of case studies and hands-on project examples, program participants will get a practical understanding of how triumph can be realized and how can things go wrong depending on how a business is managed.
After attending this program, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss the concepts and skills that a supervisor needs in their daily responsibilities including: managerial concepts, how to plan, organize and control, the daily activities and responsibilities assigned to them and through them to their subordinates.
- Maintain and understand accounting procedures, preparing financial statements and understand the various principles of business finance.
- Plan marketing strategies, focusing on the product’s qualities, market conditions and customer demands.
- Describe the principal requirements of sales management, including the recruiting, selecting, and training of sales people, prospecting for clients, planning, and developing a sales strategy.
- Understand the legal aspects of running a successful business.
- Understand the capabilities and functions of custom business software and how they can help in business success.
The workshop is designed for both private and public sector organizations
- Program Officers, Project Managers, Supervisors, Line Managers, and Project Directors
- Anyone new to or currently involved in running a business – alone or in partnership with someone else – who wants an effective understanding of its principles and concepts
Learning the Basics
- Characteristics of a successful businessman
- Skills necessary to operate a business
- Getting ready for the planning process
- Writing the Business Plan
- Business Licenses, Fictitious Name Filing
- Workers Compensation
- Employee Screening Procedures
- Workplace Programs
- Safety and Health Regulations,
- Hazardous Substance Compliance
People and Your Business
- Independent Contractors
- Outside Advisors
Legal Aspects of the Business
- Legal Forms of Business
- Sole Proprietorships, Partnerships, Corporations
- Copyrights, Trademarks and Patents
Marketing and Advertising
- Four “P’s” of Marketing
- Pricing your Product or Service
- Choosing a Location
- Home Office and Small Office Marketing
- Financing Basics
- Financing Options
- Use of Funds, Application for Funds
- Why you need Insurance
- Types of Insurance
Record Keeping – Accounting
- Types of Records and Retention Periods
- Different Business Accounting Programs – Overview
- Sales Forecast, Profit and Loss (Income) Statement
- Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Break-Even Analysis
- Personal Financial Statement
- Different Types of Taxes
- Overview of Returns and Payments, Due Dates
- Utilizing the Computer for the Business
- Choosing the Right Software
- The Internet and your Business
- Overview of the Franchising System
- Part I – Evaluating a Franchise
- Advantages/Disadvantages of Franchising
- Part II – Franchising an Existing Business
Exporting and Importing
- Planning, Preparation, Process, Financing
The training methodology used is designed to encourage maximum participation by all delegates. The presenter will suggest ideas and theories to the delegates and then encourage them to test out the ideas by the use of discussion, small group work, exercises and feedback. Each day of the seminar will end by delegates completing their own record of what has been learned on the day and considering how the ideas might help them to be better Business Managers after this program.
Program Dates: 25 – 29 November 2019
Registration Closes on: 30 September 2019
Venue: Cleopatra Hotel
Program Fee: $3450
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal
Skype: risalatconsultantsint | Call/Viber/WhatsApp: +995 555 11 66 22 or +995 555 71 33 11