The role of leadership in business is indisputable. Great leaders create great businesses. Mediocre leaders create mediocre businesses. At its core, leadership means setting goals, lighting a path, and persuading others to follow, but the responsibility entails much more. Leaders must get their message out in a way that inspires, make the most of their limited time, and build roads to precious resources. They must negotiate alliances, improve their colleagues, and align the ambitions of the many with the needs of the organization.
What makes for a great leader? Is it something to do with inward characteristics, such as confidence and focus? Is it more about outward presence, including charm and compassion? Or is it about the ability to create a vision and get others to commit to it?
The answer is all of the above. By accepting the challenge to lead, you come to realize that the only limits are those you place on yourself.
- Learning organizations
- Core skills like communication, body language, delegation, meetings, and time management
- Understanding the trust cycle and building trust
- Managing change
- Achieving Personal Mastery
- Achieving a Shared Vision
- Systems Thinking
- Managers vs. Leaders
- Influence Strategies
- Strategic Planning
- Doing Delegation Right
After attending this program, participants will be better able to
- Define their role as a leader and identify how that role differs from other roles they have had.
- Understand the management challenge and the new functions of management.
- Discover how they can prepare for and embrace the forces of change.
- Identify ways to get themselves and their workspace organized and get a jump on the next crisis.
- Identify their leadership profile and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve their success as a manager.
- Enhance their ability to communicate with others in meetings and through presentations.
- Create an action plan for managing their career success.
- Lead their team and achieve results
- Understand the relationship between stakeholders, clients, team members and them
- Influence people in the right direction
The program will combine presentations with facilitated discussions, interactive practical exercises, small-group activities and mini-case studies. A key element in this process is to learn from each other’s ideas, so all contributions are valuable. A psychometric instrument will be used to generate a personality profile, which will contribute to your understanding of your preferences and personal style.
Program Dates: 05-11 August 2019
Registration Closes on: 30 June 2019
Program Fee: $5450
Online Payment via PayPal