Agronomy represents the applied aspects of both soil and plant sciences dealing with field crops and pastures. It is therefore, directly responsible for the production of most food and fiber consumed and utilized by people and livestock, and thus, is fundamental to productive and sustainable agriculture and livestock production.
This course is specifically designed in order to take the participants from the basics of the ecology and adaptation of agricultural plants to solving complex real-world agronomic problems caused by variable climatic conditions, nutrient deficiencies, crop diseases, weeds, insect pests, physiological disorders and pesticide damage.
This program has been designed for following professionals:
- Managers & Supervisors in Agricultural Sector
- Individuals who are interested in Agribusiness & Agronomy
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Agronomy & Agribusiness professionals who wish to enhance their skills and competencies
- Any professional in Agronomy areas.
Upon completion of this intensive course, the attendees will:
- Identify factors that affect the success of a crop; including soil condition, climate factors and biological influences such as pests and diseases.
- Explain how to achieve successful seed germination for different agronomic crops under different conditions in the field
- Discuss practices used to farm cereals for harvest and sale as cash crops.
- Discuss practices used to farm broadleaf crops for harvest and sale as cash crops.
- Understand the use of different harvesting equipment and techniques including post-harvest handling.
- Introduction to Agronomic Practices
- Crop Types, Plant Structure & Function
- Row & Cover Crops
- Crop Operations & Planter Types
- Determinants of Crop Growth
- Soils, Erosion & Salinity
- Soil Sodicity, acidity & alkalinity
- Ways to improve soils
- Cultivation techniques
- Plant Nutrition, deficiencies & Fertilizers
- Insect Pests & diseases
- Weeds & their Control
- Spraying, Irrigation & Chemical Crop Protection
- Natural Pest & Disease Control
- Seed Storage & Germination
- Types of Media
- Arable Cereal Crops
- Arable Broadleaf Crops.
This is an interactive training course providing a well arranged combination of direct instruction, practical activities and field visits. The program structure includes thematic lectures by experts, presentations of country case studies on food and agribusiness, panel discussions and group breakout sessions on SWOT analysis. We encourage active participation of attendees in order to maximize the results.
Program Dates: 02 – 06 December 2019
Registration Closes on: 31 October 2019
Venue: Skylark Hotel
Program Fee: $3250
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal
Skype: risalatconsultantsint | Call/Viber/WhatsApp: +995 555 11 66 22 or +995 555 71 33 11